India  |  Consumer Law

what is the legal importance/enforceability of Prospectus of admission to professional courses?

my son was enrolled in a professional engineering college and withdrawn his admission within 15 days at his own request.Eventhough classes had started,the admissions were closed to the course by the concerned university,much later.

For getting our certificates back from the college,we were forced to pay four years fees as penaltyl

In the prospectus,there was only one sentence regarding refund.i.e refund as per govt policy.The management told us that as per some agreement they had with govt,they are entitled to impose such penalties.

Now my question is:-1)Is the stand of the management is legally sustainable/enforceable?

2}for imposing any such penalties,is it not required to state the details explicitly in the prospectus?

3} to the best of my knowledge and belief,thee are no published notices or guidelines of either govt or the university to impose such penalties for withdrawal of admissions.

4) Now,if the contention of the management that they have agreement with govt on the same, unless it is publicly known (either news papers or though their websites),will those guidelines if any would be legally valid?