India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/13/03, 3:29 am

i am a kenyan lady of indian origin married to an indian. have a kid want divorc

i am akenyan citizen of indian origin married to a indian national man.i have a son 2yrs old.i got married legally in Dec1999 and then eventually left with my husband to india. while i was married i underwent alot of mental and phisical torture from my husband and his family.i almost had a miscarriage when i was 4mths pregnant with my son.i head to be put under complete bed rest and was given the shirodkars stitches. but during this time too my husband never cared for and behaved very iresponsible leaving me alone in the hse with no one to even give me water, he left to stay for the weekend to his parents, which was 4hrs away from my hse.whatever i earned was used by my husband as he stol my atm card and since i had dollars given by my father, he also took them. iwas left without any money.i hvae come back to kenya and have a good job to support my son and my self.he has now come to kenya saying that he wants to patch upbut doesnt show any signs of, he has never financially supported my sons needs or mine when i came back to kenya or has asked about his son and how well he is doing. i now want a divorce as i am fed up with this situation.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search