Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Car Parking


I bought my flat in Pune 5 years back. I did not buy parking that time. Our builder formed a cooperative society just 6 months back, but the Sale Deed is not yet done for the parking and the open area in the complex. In this situation, can I go to builder now and buy a parking from him? does builder still have authority to sell the parking? what if society says that it is not a legal purchase? Please advise.

Asked on 10/13/08, 10:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Car Parking

You need to consult your lawyer with copies of relevant document. In view of formation of society, you need to be more cautious. Please also make local inquiry with the committee of the Society with reference to what all had happened so far.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/08, 1:59 am
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Car Parking

You first need to identify the owner of the parking lot; if builder is still the owner, you may buy from him; and if the ownership stands transferred to the Society, you should buy from the Society.

Keep in mind the simple rule in law : "No one can pass on a better title than what he himself has".

If you purchase from someone who has ceased to be the owner, your sale deed will have no value.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/08, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now