India  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/14/06, 11:20 am

Property Division among legal heirs

My father in law died without leaving a will. He has left a house property. He had four sons and three daughters. One of the son is dead and he has left his widow and two sons. All the daughters and sons have agreed to share the property equally by selling it. But one son of the deceased legal heir is not willing to share the property equally with his uncles and aunts. His argument is that his father being the first son had contributed for the construction of the house and he and his people want a bigger share. Due to this heis not willing to sign any document for selling the property. All the surviving legal heirs are in the age group of 63 to 75 years. Due the adamant attitude of this member all are crest fallen on the fact that they will not see their legal dues materilasing in their life time. Is there a legal way out to come out of this stalemate?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search