Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

I was involved in a car accident 3/2010. My auto insurance co. settled the claim and closed it in early 2012. Today (2/13), the other driver's lawyer came to my home while I was @ work. He spoke to my wife and informed her he required a statement from me as the other driver was pursuing her own insurance company for additional payment. I contacted my insurer who informed me the case was indeed closed and archived. I'm to call again tomorrow after the case is opened again. The whole thing seems kind of fishy...? Is it routine for someone to sue their own insurer after a case already being settled /w another insurer or should I expect a civil suit on the horizon?

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

It's difficult to say, without more information, what is going on between the other driver and her own insurance company. She may be pursuing an under insured motorist claim or some other type of benefit under her own policy. There is no reason for you to be involved. You do not have to talk to anyone.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana