Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Iowa

I have a mental illness that my college is aware of. Due to my mental illness I was unable to take an test during the set period. I emailed my teacher before class explaining why I couldn't take it (and he had received numerous emails earlier in the week about my poor mental and physical condition). He responded that I had to take it during that period unless I had prior permission. I went to the college's disability personnel and they sent him another email. Now he says that I can take the test, but he is going to dock me on it "to be fair." Is he breaking the laws about discriminating against persons with disabilities? Is there anything I can do? At least tell him that what he's doing is wrong? Thanks.

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Sounds like you need to talk to someone who specializes in ADA law. Are you covered under the ADA?

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Iowa