Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

My husband and I have divorced. Our divorce decree states he has 120 days to refinance and remove me from all financial obligation or the house is to be placed on the market immediately. He has not completed either and the 120 days has come and gone. Do I have the right to list the home even though I don't reside in it or are there legal steps I should take instead to ensure there is no back lash from my ex husband?

Asked on 9/16/13, 7:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You've got to go to court to get permission to enforce that part of the dissolution decree or have the court so order it. Right now there's a cloud on title that would effectively prevent sale anyway.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now