Kansas  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/11, 6:10 am

Will filing bankrupcy release me from lease on apartment.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/23/11, 7:23 pm by Adam Mack

You are typically able to get out of unexpired leases (often called "executory contracts" in the bankruptcy world) by filing bankruptcy. However, it is likely that you will have to move out of your apartment, but assuming that leaving the apartment is alright with you it should accomplish your goal. However, making the decision to file bankruptcy is a complicated and serious decision. There are downsides to filing bankruptcy which should be thoroughly explored before committing yourself to that path.

Also, my ability to answer your question over the internet is always limited. If you are interested in speaking in person or over the phone please contact me for a free appointment. You can email me at adam.mack@kansasjustice.com or call me at (785) 274-9040.

NOTE: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered legal advice; it does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to request follow-up visit for confidential advice on your specific situation, we can offer further consultation in person, by telephone, or by email. Please visit our website at www.kansasjustice.com/bankruptcy and click on contact us to request more information or call us at (785) 274-9040.

We are a debt relief agency as described in 11 U.S.C. 527(b).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Mack & Associates LLC 2850 SW Mission Woods Drive Topeka, KS 66614-5616

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search