Legal Question in Business Law in Kansas

I have an llc and want to start a new enterprise can I use the existing llc to start the new business or should i form a new seperate llc

Anthony Smith LawSmith

An llc can do several different types of endeavors. However, the new enterprises can be liable for debts or claims against the other endeavors. For that reason, many people opt to form anew company. Beware that even the use of assets of the old llc (vehicles, tools,etc.) can make the new llc liable for debts and claims agaisnt the old one. To get advice specific to the facts of your situation, you need to consult directly with a business attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. Show them what the present LLC has done, and ask if you should form a new one for what you propose to do.

Good luck

Good luck

More Business Law questions and answers in Kansas

Business Law Legal Forms