Kansas  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/21/11, 10:13 am

Hi all-

Just wondering if any of you might have some insight into this...

I'm planning a non-profit event for my daughter's school which will be a music fest that we will be selling beer at. We are obtaining all the necessary permits from the city as well as from the ABC. On the temporary permit from the ABC, we need to list a "responsible party", which needs to be an individual that will be at the event the whole time. That person must also list his/her social security number on the permit paperwork. My question is, if I put my name on this permit, will I be held legally responsible if something terrible should happen i.e. someone dies in an alcohol related crash, or is injured in anyway that the alcohol may have contributed to? I asked the ABC this question and they said that the organization is responsible, but I just wanted to check with someone who might know the ins and outs of this, legally.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search