Kansas  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/16/02, 7:18 pm

Sale of Property

I own a home,that was willed to me by a family member.While married my X-husband took out a loan for AC/FA unit. Which he did not pay the debt. The attorney for that company is now wanting to sale my home to pay the debt. The debt being apromiatly $4000.00 and my home being worth $30,000.00. Can this be done legally? I dont own the home out right, I took out a morage to remodle, so it is not a free and clear deed. Please let me know asap


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search