Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kansas

Sale of Property

I own a home,that was willed to me by a family member.While married my X-husband took out a loan for AC/FA unit. Which he did not pay the debt. The attorney for that company is now wanting to sale my home to pay the debt. The debt being apromiatly $4000.00 and my home being worth $30,000.00. Can this be done legally? I dont own the home out right, I took out a morage to remodle, so it is not a free and clear deed. Please let me know asap

thanks

James Rupper Powell, Brewer & Reddick

Re: Sale of Property

Your question is unclear. Did you sign the agreement for the air conditioner? Did you take the mortgage out before the air conditioner debt was made or after? Did the air conditioner company acquire sometype of interest in your land. In whose name is deed to the land? Who are your joint owners? It clear that you do not understand the legal status of the any of the agreements. I recommend that you hire an attorney to give you advice. If you are in the Wichita area, you may contact me at my office 316-265-7272.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kansas

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms