Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

Last night, a few friends and I pulled into one of our driveways. A police officer noticed something he didn't like, and began following us up the driveway. About three of us decided to get out of the car and start running away. When we began to run I heard the officer yell stop but of course I didn't. I ran all the way home and 5 minutes after I arrived there were two officers at my door. They charged me with obstruction and then proceeded to leave. I'm only 17 so I was very curious as to where I go from here. What is the punishment most likely to be?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

The punishment for obstruction is less than for a personal crime like assault. But, it is still serious. Should consult directly with a defense attorney in your are good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA