Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

Plea bargin

I accepted a plea bargin of 109 months. At the time I entered this I was under the influence of narcotic pain pills given to me by a doctor. I was wondering if I took my case to the court of appeals and it went to trial could the court decide to give me more then the 109 months I am all ready serving?

Asked on 8/27/04, 6:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Leininger Leininger Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Plea bargin

You don't need to appeal, you need to file a motion to withdraw your guilty plea. Courts are very reluctant to allow people to withdraw their guilty pleas, but you have a chance if you can prove you were on narcotic pain pills.

Yes, if you are allowed to withdraw your plea, then go to trial and lose, it is possible you would get a longer sentence.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/04, 11:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now