Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/21/13, 10:12 am

my legal questions is this 6 years ago my now husband had divorced. he has 2 kids with his ex and while he was paying support he was allowed to see them when it was convienent for her. Needless to say when she remarried 2 years later he was no longer allowed to see them and any attempt to make contact with her was never returned and ignored. her husband recently comitted a very serious crime while they were seperated and she relocated to florida without any notice. my husband is still paying child support for the 2 kids that we havent been allowed to see for 4 years what are our options

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/21/13, 10:26 am by Anthony Smith

There may be several steps your husband can take. Too many to speculate which is appropriate, given the limited facts available here. he shoudl consult directly with a family practice attorney in your area soon. His ex was required to give notice of any change of address of the kids. Apprantly she did not do that. If he waits too long to act, he may be deemd to have agreed or acquiessed to the move.

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search