Kansas  |  Insurance Law

adding person without permission

My father-in-law is temporarly staying with us. My husband is out of town. (I have power of attorney for my husband)

My father-in-law took my husbands car without my permission and went down to the insurance agent.

They took my husband off of primary driver and put his father down without my notification on our policy. He is mentally ill and had no proof of living at our address. I did not have any knowledge that he had the car untill he had already gotten insurance on it.

When I called they would not remove him. They said they had the right to do this because he was in my household but the agent switched my husband off of primary driver.

I have since went and have gotten new insurance and have removed the car from the premises.

I have tried to call the district manager of the first insurance company with no response what is my next step? Isn't this illegal?

Right now I have insurance with two diffrent agents.