Legal Question in Military Law in Kansas

I am in the army. I'm under investigation for adultery. I'm at the end of my divorce. If I sign papers today ill be legally divorced. Can the investigation proceed after my divorce?

William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

You need to finish your divorce and get it finalized. However, that will not necessarily stop the investigation into adultery. If adultery was committed, it must have occurred while you were married to another. The fact that you were later divorced does not end the investigation or potential charges for what may have happened while you were still married, although it is a mitigating factor which shouod be considered.

I hope this has answered your question. Please feel free to contact me directly at WJHLAW@cox.net or (757) 420-9321 if you have any other questions.

More Military Law questions and answers in Kansas