Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas

Can a person with dementia legally give away personal property?

Asked on 7/05/10, 7:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A specific medical diagnosis does not always allow or preclude the effectiveness of transferrring property. A person with a very bad medical diagnosis may be able to trnasfer some property, whiel somone with no medical diagnosis may be foudn to have been unfit to make such atrnasfer. If there has been no deterination as to the mentla fitness of the person, the issue is their capacity at the time of the transfer. That is a very fact-specific determination. Go see a lawyer in your area, and discuss the specific transfer to which you are referring. That attonrey can ask you follow-up questions and examine any documents that you provide. Many lawyers offer a free or low cost initial consultation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/06/10, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now