Legal Question in Military Law in Kentucky

larceny

whats the maximum and minimum punishment for a very minor case of larceny

Steven Brand Steven Brand, Attorney at Law

Re: larceny

Dear Questioner,

It's best to just view UCMH Article 121 on larceny. There really aren't many minimums with one limited exception. If it's just one chage, technically the minimum is that you could just receive a conviction if convicted. However, even that could depend on the forum in which the case is placed. Are we talking in nonjudicial punishment, summary court-martial, special court-martial or general court-martial? Article 121 states that the maximum punishment for Larceny of property other than military property of a value of $500 or less is a bad conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and confinement for 6 months. Add to this reduction to the lowest enlisted grade and the possibility of a fine.

However, I would need to know much more before advising formally as to the maximum punishment.

Feel free to visit my website at www.courtmartialbrand.com and e-mail me at StevenBrandEsq@msn.com

Steve Brand

The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of this document should act or refrain from acting in reliance on its content without first seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice. Transmission of this document does not create an attorney-client relationship between Steven T. Brand, Esq. and any recipients.

More Military Law questions and answers in Kentucky