Louisiana  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/29/01, 7:20 am

No Refund of Security Deposit on False Grounds

We moved out-of-state from a rental house in Louisiana. The lessor is attempting to keep my $600 security deposit based on false grounds. They did not provide upkeep as required by the lease and contantly tried to make me sign a higher lease whenever they did repairs or when property taxes went up. This lady had her husband install a window unit air conditioner in the upstairs bedroom. It was installed incorrectly and leaked into the wall and flooring (actually cracked the wall wide open). She is now claiming that our pets (yes, covered by the lease agreement)urinated so much in that corner of the room (where the air conditioner is) as to damage the rug, pad and subflooring (they were never in that room, ever!). Do I have any recourse from this far away?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search