Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

fraud

what is a husbands legal right if a relative signs his name to loans without his knowledge? what is my legal right! Can a wife be held liable if she can be proved as a addicted gamabler.

Also does a financial institute holds some accountability for sending preapproved checks in mail that anyone can access and cash with your knowledge.

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: fraud

By relative, I assume you mean someone who is NOT authorized to sign the husband's name. If that is the case, then a forgery has been committed, as well as a theft. I do not understand if you are the husband or wife or someone else, so I can't tell you your rights without knowing your status. And, is the wife an addicted gambler, or the one who forged the check? Being an addicted gambler does not make a forgery and theft any less a forgery and theft. My personal belief is that institutions that send preapproved checks should bear some liability when an addict cashes one, and I definitely believe they are liable if they allow the check to be cashed by someone OTHER THAN THE PERSON IT WAS WRITTEN TO.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana