Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

I live in Louisiana, in my divorce I was awarded 50/50 custody of my son and we setup a monthly child support agreement. My ex-wife has lived from place to place over the past few months to a year and visits from time to time but rarely takes our son, over the last 4 months she has only kept my son for 8 days spread throughout the month. Is there a time when I can withhold the child support until she actually has a home and tries to support him? I understand the purpose of child support but feel if I am supporting him 100% and 100% of the time the monthly checks are not going towards his support. Thank you

Asked on 5/09/12, 1:14 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Martha Amanda Mandi Lucas Mandie Seale Lucas
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Before changing support payments in any fashion, you must return to court and have the court order the change.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/12, 3:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now