Legal Question in Immigration Law in Louisiana

How does an American man marry a Canadian woman? We are still deciding if we plan to live in America or Canada. What forms are needed?

Asked on 9/08/13, 5:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The process varies, depending on if the couple gets married in the U.S. or abroad. Other factors could affect the foreign spouse getting a "greencard", such as criminal record, illegal presence & fraud. I would recommend that you discuss this matter with an Immigration Attorney before going forward with your case. Your spouse is not going to want any surprises later on. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now