Legal Question in Employment Law in Louisiana

I have an employee that is only available to work between 6AM and 2PM. We have a seasonal area of my store that runs from 9pm to 9pm. This employee is not available to work the entire time frame. She would only be available to work partial shifts.Because of this the decision was made to keep her in her current position (which both positions are of the same pay grade and authority just a different area of the store). The employee is now claiming that this is considered discrimination. Would this be grounds for discrimination?

Larry Demmons The Demmons Law Firm

I would really need more information to give a complete answer, but based on the information given, if the reason for not giving the employee the other shift is because that employee is not available to work the hours of that shift, then it is not discriminatory.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms