Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

Hello…and thanks for taking my question.

My mother died last year and in her will she left 60% share of her home to her 3 children (two sisters and myself) and the other 40% was left to her husband (our step-father). He now wants to purchase the 60% share from us. After getting the house appraised can we simply do a ‘For Sale by Owner’ contract for an agreed upon price? Also, will there be any title, deed, insurance or tax issues that will need to be addressed?

Asked on 6/26/13, 5:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could do a simple Cash Sale or even a Quitclaim Deed. Still, it has to be in the correct form and has to be filed into the public records. You should hire a local attorney to handle it for you. Any closing attorney or real estate attorney can do it quickly and simply for you.

Read more
9/11/13, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88122 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now