Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maine

If while in the USA my work permit decision is denied do i have to leave the country immediately or is there grace period?

Asked on 11/13/13, 4:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What type of "work permit" are you referring to? A work permit (EAD) filed pursuant to a filed adjustment of status application (I-485)? An H-1B non-immigrant visa? An E or L visa?

If you are referring to a non-immigrant, employment-based visa, then if you are out of status & your petition for a change of status is denied, you must leave the country & there is no grace period, other than for F-1's, who get 60 days.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maine

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now