Maryland  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/25/08, 5:49 pm

Can I ask lien holder to accept lump sum payment

Is it feasible to ask a lien holder to accept a reduced amount if you can pay them in a lump sum? I am discharged in a chap 7, no asset bk and just cannot reaffirm the loan for original amt. but need to keep the property since I use it in making my living. Do I have to work this through the bk attorney or deal direct with them.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search