Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

I'm currently on unsupervised probation for a year on a I.d. theft charge that started 12/21/12. I was recently arrested on 5/31/13 and charged with 3 counts cds:possess not marijuana and would like to know if I'm looking at time or something else. I work and live in the state of Maryland.

Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

You should consult with a lawyer to determine if you must "self report" the arrest. Just being arrested can lead to a violation of probation. But more importantly, you must defend the possession charges. A conviction will certainly violate you on the prior. Whether you are looking at jail time depends on your record and other factors that are not included in your question. That is whey we meet with our clients.

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

No one can guarantee what will happen. Being on probation would more likely result in time, if you are ultimately convicted. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland