Legal Question in DUI Law in Maryland

i just want to ask you a question before i hire an attorney. i was stopped by a police office 2 weeks ago, she performed a fields test which i could not really tell if i passed and gave me a breath test but they did not show it to me then she took me to the station there i was asked to take the breath test again this time i blew insufficient breath 3 times and the officer said i shouldn't waist his time and she let me go. Now, i got paper from the Maryland district court saying that i recently got a citation and the officer didn't write the proper amount of the fine and the put $60 that i should pay if i don't want to appears in court. if i pay the 60 dollars is that means that i will not go to the face any other charges? because i receive total 4 papers

one with the fine

one with attempt DUI

one with attempt DWI

and one with initial hearing they say that eve if i do or do not have a court date ishould appears for that.please help

thanks

oh i live in maryland

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

NO, if you pay the $60, you will still have to appear in Court for DUI (max year in jail for a 1st offense). No matter what you do, don't pay the $60! And the court date you have is most likely a preliminary inquiry, which means you will be advised of your charges and your right to an attorney. You should hire an attorney in advance, because we can waive that hearing. It's a waste of time if you're going to get an attorney. Call me anytime and we can meet at my Rockville office, or at a convenient location in Gaithersburg.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Maryland