Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

If 1 parent gets incarcerated can that parent sign over his custodial rights to a grandparent

Asked on 9/27/13, 8:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The mother could object to this and would probably have custodial priority over a grandparent as long as the mother qualifies as a fit parent. With the mother's consent, the grandparent might be granted guardianship or possibly custody.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now