Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My girlfriend wants to file a modification of child support. She's dirt broke, no job. Thus, can't hire a lawyer. She has severe anxiety disorder and can't represent herself properly. I've had a little bit of legal training and I feel that I would do a good job if I could speak on her behalf although I'm not an attorney. Is there a way to get the court to allow me to represent her?

Asked on 8/22/12, 12:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. You must be a licensed attorney to do this. However, most counties have pro bono (free) or legal services programs for the indigent. Check with your county bar association about these.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/12, 10:30 am
Lawrence Holzman The Holzman Law Firm, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Nope! you need to be an attorney

Read more
Answered on 8/29/12, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now