Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

I am an EMT driver at a Firehouse in Maryland. On my way to a call, a car pulled out in front of me and we crashed. Even though I was driving an emergency vehicle, can I still file a claim for pain and suffering? Is the only thing I could sue for?

Asked on 6/19/12, 7:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

RAYMOND CARIGNAN Raymond Carignan, Esq, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What were your injuries?

Did you receive medical attention?

When did this happen?

Was the other driver written tickets?

Read more
Answered on 6/19/12, 7:49 am
Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue for all your losses including pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills etc., even though you may be getting workman's comp--although there would be a comp lien. If you had your emergency equipment on and the other driver failed to yield the right of way, he/she would be liable for your losses.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/12, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now