Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

I have a neighbor that continues to send workers onto my property to chop the branches off trees which extend past the property line (over their pool slightly). They do this without my permission or consent and without notifying me in any way shape or form prior. I have told this neighbor to cease with this action multiple times and they continue to do so. The workers are loud and bothersome with their chainsaws, they are intruding on my property without permission and they often cut the branches well past the property line.What action is best next? I was considering placing a cease and desist letter in their mailbox. Should I do this or get the authorities involved now?

Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

Your neighbor has the right to trim, but not to trespass over the property line. A letter is just a letter. We lawyers write a lot of them, and sometimes they are enough to change someone's behavior. But a lawsuit is something much more powerful, if you cannot simply talk to this person.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland