Legal Question in Workers Comp in Maryland

can you file for disability while on workers compensation benefits. I am 44 and tore my rotator cuff and require surgery. I have been told it could be up to a year for recovery. I worked in a warehouse and will more than likely not be able to do the same type of work. They do not offer light duty.

Walter E. Laake, Jr. Joseph Greenwald & Laake Pa

You DEFINITLY need the help of a lawyer in your situation. Your comp claim alone warrants representation and I assure you the lawyer's government controlled contingent fee will be less than the additional compensation benefits he will help you receive .

There is no reason why you cannot also file for disability benefits but you are not likely going to receive both benefits at the same time as one check will likely be off set by the other. Here again you need the help of an attorney to help you decide if and when you file for disability benefits. The attorney will usually give you the option of paying either a contingent fee or paying for the attorney's time.

Usually, the same attorney should be handling both cases so their can be a co-ordination of how the cases are handled..

For a free consultation give me a call.

Walter Laake - 301-220-2200

www.walterlaake.com

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Maryland

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms