Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

How do i file a motion to vacate or amend the judgement made by the judge in my case?

Asked on 5/15/13, 7:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You mention a couple different things in your question.

Regardless of the type of relief you are seeking, you should do so as soon as possible by going down to the clerk-magistrate's office and requesting the necessary motion. They should be able to assist you. They will ask you to serve the other party with notice of the motion and to make it up for a hearing before a judge.

I recommend that you retain counsel, depending on whether the amount of the judgment against you makes it economical to have counsel.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now