Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

If my girlfriend gets a divorce while she's in the process of receiving her green card. Can she get a divorce before receiving her green card, and have someone else Substitute Sponsor her?

Asked on 3/04/13, 2:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she is being petitioned through marriage to a U.S. citizen, then both answers are NO.

Read more
3/04/13, 4:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8822 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now