Legal Question in Military Law in Massachusetts

Military Sales

I am an officer in the Air National Guard but in my civilian job, I sell medical equipment to the DoD (formally, I'm the account manager for the Air Force but occasionally help with other entities as well). In my military position, I have no influence over any medical purchase decision either directly or indirectly. Is this a situation where I should resign my civilian position or is there a way for me to remain in both positions?

Donald G. Rehkopf, Jr. Brenna, Brenna & Boyce, PLLC

Re: Military Sales

It's too complex of a situation to answer via this type of forum. There are criminal "conflict of interest" laws as well as the Joint Ethics Regulation that govern this.

You are entitled to consult with the military Ethics Advisor, in the Air Force at the Wing Level, this will be either the Staff Judge Advocate or the Deputy. After reviewing your civilian position and responsibilities, they will be able to properly advise you on what, if any, your options are.

Good luck to you.

More Military Law questions and answers in Massachusetts