Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts.

I received notification from an insurance company that another car owner whose car was parked next to mine claims that I hit them and did $400 worth of damage to them. I never hit a car while parking, there was no evidence of damage to my car, though my car is commonly parked in the area where they said it happened (near my work), there was no note left for me on my car or anything indicating to me that any accident could have occurred. I think they must have just damaged their own car somehow and picked a random car's license plate to blame. I told them that I couldn't possibly be responsible for it, as I would have noticed if I had hit another car, and left a note for them. Now they're sending the bill to collections! What do I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ERNEST BIANDO LAW OFFICE OF ERNEST T. BIANDO, LLC

Have you checked out the insurance company and the collectors? Whom did the other vehicle belong to? They have to provide you with all this info-otherwise tell them you are not paying and plead your case out in the court if they file.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts