Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

I was struck by a vehicle in a cross walk on February 3rd. At the time even though I was knocked to the ground, nothing broke and I felt that I was fine, just sore and I refused to be taken to the Emergency Room. Since that date both hips and both knees have been giving me agonizing pain and I have had an xray at my doctors office 4 days after the accident of my knee and hip on the side that was struck by the vehicle. I am now waiting on an MRI but feel that the hospital is taking their time due to my insurance not wanting to pay. I just received the police report three days ago and have the drivers information and read that she was cited with 2 citations for not stopping before she struck me in the cross walk. There is film to prove that I was walking in the cross walk and almost completely throught the cross walk when she hit me. She stated in the report that I dashed out in front of her. Where should I go to be compensated for my injuries? I may not be able to walk normally again with my legs/hips the way they are now.

Asked on 2/19/12, 11:16 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Roger Turgeon Turgeon & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming that this happened in Mass., and that the driver was insured in Mass, the insurance on that car has a type of coverage called "Personal Injury Protection", or "No-Fault", which is there to pay your accident-related medical bills (and lost wages) up to $8,000. If you have private health insurance, there a requirements for "coordinating" the two coverages. There also seems to be a pretty clear case of liability on the part of the driver, so you are probably also eligible to pursue a claim for "tort" damages beyond just getting your bills paid. Only an experienced personal injury lawyer can evaluate that issue properly, so I recommend that you consult with one sooner rather than later. I can't tell you how many times the steps my clients took (or failed to take) before contacting me really limited what I could do for them.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 2/19/12, 1:24 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is not too difficult. You either handle it yourself, although you don't know what you are doing and trolling the internet for information, or you hire a competent attorney who does this for a living. If you hire a lawyer on a contingent fee basis, then the lawyer has an interest in doing all that he can to get you fair compensation. Best luck, JBS

Read more
Answered on 2/19/12, 6:23 pm
Craig J. Tiedemann Kajko, Weisman, Colasanti & Stein, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So sorry to hear about your accident. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your potential options.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/12, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now