Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I have a question about my property. I bought a condo three years ago and my unit in coming with a parking lot. I rented out my unit for three years already. But there was always a property issue for my parking lot. My parking lot is the first spot that just next to the wall. My space is supposed to be 9 feet wide on my deed, but since there is a pipe building on the wall that takes about 1-2 feet of my space. So it makes the parking space very narrow for my tenant to park it. The pipes belongs to the facility of the building. It was there since the building was built 30 years ago. It was the existing condition when I bought my condo. My question is do I have the right to ask the building to remove it and they pay for the expenses since I'm not getting 9 feet land on my raking space due the space thats been taken by the pipes on the wall.

Asked on 9/04/13, 9:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can ask them to do it, but it is not an obligation of the Association or the person who sold it to you. They might not even be able to move it.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now