Michigan  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/06/12, 4:49 am

I have just found out that I have a judgment against me since 2007. I made a motion to the court for the judgement to be set aside on the grounds that I had not been served and had no verification of the debt from the creditor or their representative. The judge disallowed the motion based on a fax that the plaintiff's attorney produced, stating that I gave my wife authority to negotiate a settlement. There was no reference on the fax that it was related to this particular case. The judge allowed the fax because it was sent during the time of the judgment. I have yet to receive verification of the debt. The Attorney has gotten a request to seize my property and has in fact seized some. What can I do to get this judgement set aside and get my property back? I still contend that I do not owe this debt.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search