Michigan  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/13/13, 8:44 am

my son did a really stupid thing at a local meijer. He switched something to pay a lower price and got caught. the item in question was a 15.00 difference. he got caught and was taken to the lp department.

the police was called in to make sure of his identity. was not arrested nor did he get a ticket. However the lp department did give him a letter of civil demand. asking to pay 150.00 ten times the amount.

The other thing that happened they did not give him the money he paid and also kept all times involved.

My question is will they prosecute him for this?

The 150 dollars is no big issue. he will be paying that. but i just do not want him having to goto court for something so stupid.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search