Michigan  |  DUI Law

I was arrested two years ago and refused a breathalyzer. The police officer took me to the hospital and they drew blood. The court apparently lost or did not process my charges the first time the police station sent them. Now two years later the police station is re sending the information to the court and they are going to re authorize it and charge me. This does not seem legal to me because somewhere along the line the ball was dropped when court lost the information? Also is there some kind of statue of limitations on filling paper work? And how long does a blood sample stay good, so is the evidence contaminated? Or did they not follow the proper procedures. It just does not seem right to me. Please let me know what you think.

Answered on: 11/09/12, 3:14 pm by Charles Kronzek

Your best bet is to hire an expert in DUI law. Attorney John English is excellent. He has dealt with many of these same complex issues in the past. You can reach him at 1 866-766-5245.

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917