Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Child support question

My ex and his wife seperated for a short time, and child support was started for their child. They are now back together and living with one another. He also has one child by another woman. To make sure our child support would not increase he willingly went and upped his support for the child that lives with him. I was told that in MI the money collected by FOC is split up between the cases. Now that money goes right back into his pocket. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Blake Lipman Law Office of Blake P. Lipman

Re: Child support question

Contact the FOC and advise that your ex and his spouse are reconciled. Ask that an investigation be conducted to determine if there is indeed cohabitation. For more info, please contact my office at (248)851-3171.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan