Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/10/05, 12:30 pm

Child support question

My ex and his wife seperated for a short time, and child support was started for their child. They are now back together and living with one another. He also has one child by another woman. To make sure our child support would not increase he willingly went and upped his support for the child that lives with him. I was told that in MI the money collected by FOC is split up between the cases. Now that money goes right back into his pocket. Is there anything that I can do about this?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/15/05, 10:19 am by Blake Lipman

Re: Child support question

Contact the FOC and advise that your ex and his spouse are reconciled. Ask that an investigation be conducted to determine if there is indeed cohabitation. For more info, please contact my office at (248)851-3171.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Blake P. Lipman 31275 Northwestern Hwy. Suite 140 Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search