Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/23/12, 2:43 pm

In January of this year (2012), my 8 year old daughter's father and I went before a court referee to hash out some parenting time issues and request that support be recalculated. My ex has always been abusive to me, even in the six years since we broke up. He has never requested to have extra time with my daughter nor has he requested regular parenting time during xmas/spring break/summer. Since the hearing, he has been telling me that I lied to the referee about feeling scared to be around him alone and is now wanting to have my daughter for summer parenting time per the county handbook. I sent him 2 emails outlining a different scenario that would accommodate everyone's schedule, first and foremost, hers but, he continues to berate me & my husband, telling me that he won't work with me. This is how he has always been toward me, hurtful; never seeing his daughter more because it might be beneficial to me in some way. Now he wants her for 6 weeks straight to punish me for requesting changes to support and parenting time. I have always tried to work things out with him in the past and continue but I cannot handle his abuse any more and I don't want his behavior to affect my daughter. Is there anything that I can do? I have full physical and legal custody of her.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search