Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I live in MI. My husband and I are having my sister be our surrogate. (No Compensation) The child will be conceived via Donor Egg and my husbands sperm.

(The following is my understanding of MI law so I am just looking for advice on if this is correct and how to proceed.)

After contacting a local lawyer he recommended a surrogate contract but in MI there is no recognition for these contracts. What would the point be in paying for a contract that is not legally binding? (The women who carried the child is legally the mother unless she agrees otherwise. If she changed her mind the court would not recognize the contract as binding.)

Is there a way to do a Pre-Birth Order without a lawyer? What is the process?

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

This is a very important issue and you cannot afford to have mistakes. I would contact attorney Monica Linkner and bounce it off her.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan