Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/12, 5:43 pm

I live in MI. My husband and I are having my sister be our surrogate. (No Compensation) The child will be conceived via Donor Egg and my husbands sperm.

(The following is my understanding of MI law so I am just looking for advice on if this is correct and how to proceed.)

After contacting a local lawyer he recommended a surrogate contract but in MI there is no recognition for these contracts. What would the point be in paying for a contract that is not legally binding? (The women who carried the child is legally the mother unless she agrees otherwise. If she changed her mind the court would not recognize the contract as binding.)

Is there a way to do a Pre-Birth Order without a lawyer? What is the process?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search