Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Can an ex spouse demand money for unpaid medical bills of their children that she has collected over the years?

Asked on 8/07/13, 10:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can demand whatever she wants. The judges will generally allow tardy bills so long as there is no prejudice to the ex-spouse as a result of the delay.

Read more
8/07/13, 10:40 am
Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes she can. There may be a valid objection to reimbursment requests such as the medical expense was not reasonable or the care was not necessary. In addition the lapse of time may prevent collection depending on the circumstances.

Read more
8/07/13, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now