Michigan  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/28/04, 11:02 pm

Protecting parents assets

Background: My mother is 80, reasonably healthy, lives in Ludington, Mich. alone in a condo which she owns (makes mortgage payments), has about $150,000 in investments (mostly mutual funds), owns a late model car, and receives about $3000 per month in a survivor's annuity from the Federal Gov't. A couple of years ago she bought a comprehensive long term care policy which is current. She has six children,of which I am the second oldest and oldest male. My older sister (lives in Saginaw)and I (in Ohio) are executors of her estate as described in her will.

Question: What would you recommend as the best means (such as a trust) to protect her assets if she should become confined to a nursing home and the long term care policy is either inadequate or expires before her stay run out. Any other suggestion in general? Thank You.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search