Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

I have a large amount of dept from medical bills in the thousands and a small amt of dept from wells Fargo as well .At what point will I have a judgment against me?Is it possible for them to garnish my wages?

Nathan Hansen Nathan M. Hansen, Attorney at Law

I cannot predict when or if an entity will sue you. However, once a judgment creditor has a money judgment against you (the end of a successful lawsuit), it can garnish your wages and levy on bank accounts. Filing a bankruptcy would stop this.

Nathan Hansen

651-704-9600

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. No one can tell you exactly when a creditor will seek a judgment against you. Problems with past due bills and debt certainly are distressing and highly stressful. I do recommend that for your peace of mind, you confer privately with an attorney about your legal issues. Often, when a person expresses concern in one legal area, he/she has multiple problems for which he/she is worried. Do know that bankruptcy is certainly not the proper solution for everyone facing problems with debts. In choosing an attorney to help, I recommend you phone at least a few, because it is important that you feel comfortable and a sense of great trust. I recommend you read the attorney's biography/resume webpage in choosing, too. All the best to you. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. www.dwyerlawfirm.net

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms