Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

My mother purchased me a piece of jewelry. Since then she has passed away still owing money for the item. Nowhere am I on the account. I just received a letter saying they were going to garnish my wages for the item. Is this legal.

Asked on 8/18/13, 3:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. You appear to be in need of attorney assistance and counsel. I presume the sum of money involved is more than nominal (small). This website provides general information, not the private legal advice of which you describe yourself to be in need. Since you received a letter re. garnishment, do act with no delay in seeking help, because time delay can harm your position or jeopardize your rights and availability of options and recourse. You may phone me re. assistance. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



PHONE 612-296-9666



Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 6:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now