Minnesota  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/18/08, 9:11 pm

Divorced and taking our child out of the country

My ex-wife has sole physical custody and I have joint legal custody. Our daughter is thirteen years old. There will be a wedding out of the country next year after my daughter turns fourteen years old.

Can my ex-wife take my daughter out of the country without my consent?

If she needs my consent and I donít agree to it and she still takes her out of the country what would be the consequences?

I donít trust my ex-wife enough to bring her back. She has tried to stop our daughter from seeing me more. Our daughter lives 2 miles away at this time and previously only 8 miles away. I have tried to get more visitation and she has lied about things and said my daughter does not want to see me, etc. It is obvious what she is trying to do.

Please let me know, if you can, what the law is on this subject.

Thank you for your time,


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search